Where to find Good Hot Chocolate in Singapore (Part 3)


Sorry for MIA-ing guys! Time to finally post my next Hot chocolate compilation from Singapore. This is the third post for this blog series and I hope it will help you in finding your favourite hot chocolate. 

My quest goes on still, and I can say that I been to some cafes that server really good hot chocolate! There is a fair share of cafes that does latte art for their hot chocolate. However, what I found out is that sometimes, having not art taste better. Σ(゚Д゚) Still have not found the one that bends space and time though.
I wanted to make a master post after my part 3 post. But it may take a really long time to load it is on the phone. So I'm thinking how should I split it. 




Now let get on with the next batch of Hot Chocolate in Singapore! 

Sweet Garden Dining Cafe 


Hot Chocolate - 5 Sgd
⭐⭐⭐⭐

A hidden cafe in the east that is behind the old airport road food centre. This cafe is a hidden gem, the food here is amazing in this cosy little cafe. 

The hot chocolate here is really different from most cafes as their style is more on the bitter side. No sugar or syrup and they gave me the choice of how much sugar I want to add. This will be good for those who love their chocolate bitter and dark. Even though I love sweet chocolate, this cafe does use good quality cocoa to produce their hot chocolate. So 4 stars for that! 

32 Cassia Cres, #01-50 
Singapore 390032
+65 9100 4286
Mon - Sun : 12:00 PM - 10:00 PM


Firebake woodfire bakehouse  


Hot Chocolate - 4.5 Sgd
⭐⭐⭐

Just at the corner of the shophouses street in east coast road, next to the gas station lies Firebake! This woodfire bakehouse has an old Singapore retro look with their plates, cups and decoration.

Firebake Hot chocolate was a surprise to me! Firstly, when it came in an old fashion glass that is used in hawker centres instead of a mug or the usual coffee cup. Even though there is no latte art or fancy design. I would say that this hot chocolate is one of the most wholesome drink I had!  It feels like I was drinking Milo, but is not Milo. The sweetness is just about right and I was really enjoying it. I really need to go back and get it again.  


237 East Coast Road 
Singapore 428930
+65 6440 1228
Tue - Fri : 11:30 AM - 10:00 PM
Sat - Sun : 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Closed on Monday


The Butcher's Kitchen 


Chocolate - 4.8 Sgd
⭐⭐

In the heart of Suntect city, opposite the giant urban playground is The butcher's Kitchen. With their ice cream selection in the front, I always thought this was an ice cream parlour instead of a restaurant. Funny thing that the ice cream and the name of the place doesn't really match but they do server good lunch sets and food! 

Sadly to say that the hot chocolate didn't match up to their food standards. Their cup of hot chocolate is the standard chocolate syrup with milk and topped up with latte art. However, somehow it didn't taste like it was the usual kind that I had. So I wouldn't say that this is the best I had, could be better and just ok to satisfied craving. 


Suntect City 
3 Temasek Blvd, #02-472
Singapore 038983
+65 9616 0111
Mon - Sun : 10 AM - 10 PM 


Flavour Flings 


Hot Chocolate - 6 Sgd
⭐⭐⭐

A cafe that we found when trying to find somewhere to eat in Hougang. Google maps pointed me to Flavour Flings! A halal cafe which is well known for their salted egg yolk croissant and their swiss raclette cheese dishes. Their hidden gem dish for me is their pancakes! It was really simple but I fell in love with it. 

Their hot chocolate tasted mediocre and enough to go through a craving. It was not amazing and unique enough to shout about, just probably is leaning to the milkier side. Their latte art was really nice and the foam was in a good texture. 


Blk 121, Hougang Ave 1
Singapore 530121
+65 6286 0051
Mon - Sun : 11:30 AM - 4 PM 
5:30 PM - 10 PM 
Closed on Tuesday 
This store is MUIS Halal-Certified. 

Strangers @ Work - By Strangers' Reunion 


Hot Chocolate - 5.9 / 7 Sgd
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

A sister store to the Strangers Reunion franchise, Strangers @ Work is located at the heart of Singapore CBD. Supplying hot coffee and light snacks to the people working there is no surprise people know this place. This store is quite tiny, as it only provides little seating space and is more of a takeaway outlet. 

Another hot chocolate that didn't need latte art to be attractive. After taking a sip from this hot chocolate, I fell in love with it. The texture, the consistency and the taste. Is perfect! I would say this cup is almost close to the cup that will bend space and time but it doesn't have that kick just that yet. I'm just really jealous that I do not work at CBD or else I will have this every day. 

11 Collyer Quay
Singapore 049317
+65 6238 1068
Mon - Fri: 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM 
Closed on Sat & Sun 

Tiong Bahru Bakery Safari  


Hot Chocolate - 6.8 / 7.5 Sgd
⭐⭐⭐

Having more than 4 outlets all around Singapore, Tiong Bahru bakery just open one in Dempsey with a safari theme. With a giant tent that looks like is pitched outside with all the greeny. It feels like we are going into the jungle to have lunch. 

Tiong Bahru bakery Safari has some unique drinks available there. One of them is their blue pea latte with coconut (which I didn't like it AT ALL because there is coconut) and beetroot latte. It is safe to know that their hot chocolate tastes pretty normal. No special unique flavours in it. 

130E Minden Road 
Singapore 248819
+65 6877 4876
Mon - Sun : 8 AM - 6 PM 


Antoinette 

Viennese Hot Chocolate - 8.5 SGD 
⭐⭐⭐


This cafe made the list again!! I have previously posted about Antoinette here as I tried one of their hot chocolate. This is probably the first place that I been to that served Viennese hot chocolate in Singapore.

This time I tried something else as there is 3 hot chocolate on their menu. I really love their classic Antoinette Hot Chocolate as it was really thick so I decided to go for their Viennese Hot chocolate. Thinking that it will be somewhat like Vienna hot chocolate that is topped out with whipped cream. However, this hot chocolate comes with a créme chantilly which is supposed to be whipped cream. Theirs was not as sweet and also it has a texture of butter which is more firm than whipped cream. The 
créme did make the thick hot chocolate lighter but it didn't fully tone it down to something I like which was much more milky or creamy. 

Mandarin Gallery   
333A Orchard Road  #02-33/34
Singapore 238897
+65 6836 9527
Mon - Sun : 11:00 AM - 10:00 PM

Brunches Cafe 


Hot Chocolate - 5 SGD
⭐⭐⭐


One of the most popular cafes in Rangoon Road, Brunches cafe is well known for their food, cakes and high tea. This retro-themed cafe which has half a car inside is a fun place to dine in. It may look messy at a glance but the vibe and people there just made it more fun. 

The hot chocolate at Brunches is almost the same as most cafes. The chocolate tastes with a good amount of warm milk and foam and topped off with latte art. Probably can't go wrong with this hot chocolate, and points up for giving a cookie too!

96 Rangoon Road 
Singapore 218381
+65 8685 8488
Mon - Sun : 11:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Closed on Tuesday