Removing a ganglion cyst : First ever surgery


So last friday I had a surgery on my foot to remove a ganglion cyst at gleneagles hospital.
and it was my first time having a day surgery. like O-O totally scary!
I keep telling the doctor to put me to sleep because I do not want to suddenly wake up in the middle of the surgery and stare at a open hole on my foot! I WILL SCREAM!

I didn't really take photos because it will be stupid to do so.. My mom will think Im crazy and is scary to do so.
Only took this after the surgery and it hurts like shit! 


So what the hell is a ganglion cyst?
Anyone can have them and how you get it is unknown still. LIKE SCARY RIGHT!
And just nice I got it on my foot right on my nerve! So it hurts like crazy! 
ok so this will be easier to tell you what isit since I taken it from somewhere! 
A ganglion cyst is normally associated with one or more of the following symptoms:
  • A noticeable lump – often this is the only symptom which is experienced.
  • It is typically soft, somewhere from 1 cm to 3 cm in width as well as it will not move.
  • Swelling can appear slowly or develop suddenly, can reduce in size, and can even disappear altogether, just to return at a later time.
  • A majority of these cysts do cause some amount of pain, frequently following an repetitive or acute trauma, but as many as 35% have no symptoms, except for cosmetic appearance.
  • The pain is usually nonstop, aching as well as made worse by joint motion.
  • When the cyst is linked to a tendon, you can feel a sensation of weakness in the affected foot.
  • If the cyst is touching a nerve there will be a sensation of tingling or burning.
  • There can be difficulty wearing shoes because of irritation between the lump and the shoe http://byebyedoctor.com/ganglion-cyst-foot-pictures-symptoms-surgery-treatment-removal/
This is for the leg but it usually happen on the wrist.
 and what suck is the only way to get raid of it is to surgery it.... or it may go off by itself..
but thats like only a small chance.
the chances of it getting bigger is HIGH! and somemore there a small chance that it may come back.
LIKE OMG WHY! WHY MUST YOU DO THIS TO ME!

about the surgery... It was my first time and I was so scared! I keep asking the nurse if it will hurt or will I wake up. I told her I'm allergic to pain being desperate. oh well the only pain that I receive before the surgery was people poking me with needles.




What is the most scariest part?
Is either the part where you are on the surgery table and you can see the LIGHTS!!
you know these kind which is staring in your face and is like HOMG HUGE LIGHTS!




or else is the part where they are pushing you to the surgery room and you will be lying on the bed thinking about what is going to happen!
That part is scary... not fun at all.. wish they put me to sleep there....
didn't need to see all the passing lights to the surgery room.

so when they trasnfer me to the cold surgery table and started to cover me with at least 3 blankets o-o"  that was very nice of them because it was super cold. The doctor came in and started to talk to me. asking me what song I like.. so totally random!
but there is a reason.. because he started to put in a cd into this juke box.
and IT STARTED TO PLAY LINKIN PARK MUSIC!!! The newest album too!
LIKE WOAH! YOU NEEDED TO HEAR THESE MUSIC TO SURGERY MY FOOT?
and he told me that he can't hear these kind of music at home because his wife will kill him.
so erm ok doctor! The best place to play it next is in the surgery room .____."
Really hip doctor I will say.. I thought it will be some oldies music like The Beatles.
 but nooo it was FREAKING LINKIN PARK! calm myself a bit before I was put to sleep.

 I didn't know how the sleeping thing works.. I thought it was pills at first or a jab.
But it was on a drip and I was like staring at the other doctor jabing my hand.
which before I know it I was sleeping and the next time I was awake at the operation waiting area.
funny thing that I was crying and tearing when I woke up ._. I think my body felt the pain and I just cry like that. All I know is that I couldn't move an inch and I was just there laying flat.

So they push me to my ward and was so happy that baby was there waiting for me!
but there was only one thing in my head. WHEN IS THE NURSE GOING TO SERVE ME MY FOOD =X!
Somehow Im just a food nut! I love airplane food and I always want to try hospital food! Im crazy like that! Everyone keep telling me it taste like shit and is not edible.
But what I can say that sometime you are wrong! Is nice!!! I saw my cousin food when she gave birth and it was noodles and it look good!
What I got was a huge Cinnamon roll and milo! yum 8D! Told you it was not bad!
 well it was just only a day surgery.. can't expect like a full meal =( sadly. I smell curry from the other ward and it was making me drool LOL!

Oh and I just have to say this. I sat on a wheelchair for the right purpose! and damn it was fun for that one hour! because I was trying to "wheel" my way around and away from Vincent the whole time XD