February Favorite Picks


Is already March!! Keeping up with my monthly pick post and February just flew pass so fast! So it's time for February favorite picks! (You can view January picks here). Still have another month of break in Singapore and then is back to school for the new spring semester. I am already missing the cold weather back there because Singapore is just so hot and humid. Not to mention that it rains so much recently too. Hope everyone is taking care of themselves and don't fall sick. 

Getting back to the post, Here is February Favorite picks! 

LANEIGE Two tone bar 


One of my favorite products is Laneige Two tone shadow and lip bar. I purchased a few last year and I really love how the product is so easy to use. When the Milky way series came out in winter 2016 for the festive season, I was eyeing on their shadow bar immediately. However, I couldn't purchase it because I was in Japan and The nearest store is in Osaka. 
I was lucky that my friend Christy helped me get it in Korea and there was still stock in January. 

She also helped me get the new two tone tint lip bar which was released earlier this year. Since I already have some lip bar, I decided to get No.8 cherry milk as it shows a more darker shade of red. 


The effect of both bars came out really well and I love how you don't need much blending after applying. When used together, it gives a really nice burgundy night look which I have been trying to create. Using this product also cuts my makeup timing into half because is so easy and fast! 

No.1 Milk Way Burgundy → retailing at 25,000₩
No. 8 Cherry Milk → retailing at 23,000₩

As far as I know, Singapore is out of stock for both products

Canmake Tokyo - Glow Twin Color
No. 4 Cherry Blossom Lavender 



Next in line will be Canmake Tokyo Glow Twin Color. 

This was marketed as an eye shadow base and highlighter product. I have been using this as my highlight and finishing touches on my face as it gives a really nice glow at the end. Previously, I was using Daiso nose contour for my finishing touches as the white matt eye shadow was really useful. In this case, the base is more shimmery so it gives an extra sparkle. 

I choose No.4, Cherry blossom lavender as there is a hint of violet and pink in it. When is mix together, it feels more natural for my look. 



Taken from the Canmake website, The direction on how to apply is told from the picture. Usually is recommended to mix to two colors for the face highlight. This highlighter is currently the only one I used and I also bought an extra one to put it back in Singapore. 


Glow Twin Color → Retailing at ¥650


ROHTO Medical - メディクイックH GOLD
Mentholatum Medic. 


For those people who have dandruff or itchy scalp, this product is for you! A product that I found last year and been sticking to it when my scalp flare up when the season changes. Found it at the drugstore near my house and decided to give it a shot. Since summer time in Japan can be quite hot, my scalp and dandruff acted up and it was really bad. After using it for sometime, I found out that this product helped it a lot and also stop me from scratch or touching my hair. 

Now I am back in Singapore and after a 2 weeks, my scalp acted up again. The red patches are back, dry spots, flaky and dry skin. I wanted to go for salon treatment, but I remember I bought one back to Singapore. So here is my review with photos! 

After a few days of applying in the night.


When applied, it gives a really nice icy feeling because of the menthol. The Mediquick H product is also known to have ketaconazole (Very effective anti-fungal) and some amount of steroid cream in it. In this case, is a liquid form which is applied directly to affected area. After applying, slow massage the area and let it do its job.

If you have bad cases of dandruff and itchy scalp, I will recommend this for a quick remedy. Usually after this, I will wash my hair with cold water the next day and carry on with my hair routine. 

Retailing at drugstores in Japan around →  ¥1,200 (without tax) 



Récolte Limited Edition Pink Quilt Sandwich Press 




My favorite buy for kitchen appliances! Récolte marshmallow pink press sand maker! When it was release and saw it on Instagram, I just couldn't resist and really wanted it. I think about it almost every day, thinking if I should get it and was it worth the price. 
Knowing Japan, limited or seasonal products can sell out really fast and also may never come back again. The sandwich press originally came in two colors, beige and red. 

However, these two colors were not as appealing to me as the marshmallow pink one which came out much later. Just look at how they market it! Just cute pastel pink. I couldn't resist after a few months. 


When it came, I just couldn't stop screaming. Just look how cute it is, and is a single press maker. I didn't want to get the normal sandwich press because is usually for 2 sandwiches. So this is just perfect for me in the morning when I am in Japan. All alone, making breakfast for 1. 



It heats really fast and cook really well too. There is no one and off button and is just plug and use. The down side of this, is you need to be really careful of the plug.

Being cute also has it's flaws as I am so careful with it. Cleaning for me takes up more time than usual as I didn't want to damage it. The iron press cannot be removed and washing it needs to be directly from the machine itself. So, I was afraid of cleaning it at first and use only paper towels and a cloth to clean it. I soon realize that is designed pretty well and washing it with water is fine. (You just need to be careful of the circuit on the bottom) 

Other than that... I really love the product and I am trying new recipes and thinking what else I can do with it. Making toast in the morning is faster than ever to me and I usually put it on for a couple of mins while doing other things at the same time. 



I got it off at Amazon.co.jp → ¥4,320
which is much cheaper than Lazanda.sg → $91.11

That's it for my February favorite picks! Hope you find it interesting and if you have any questions you can also comment or email me~